Written by Uswa Zainab
When someone talks about Friends, a Netflix series, probably the first thing that its eager viewers think of is all the hilarious, high-spirited one-liners, for example, Joey’s “How you doin’?”, and next the romantic tie-ups in the series, especially Ross and Rachel’s relation. The couple’s love story flourished in the second season, and, now, the pair is known throughout the world as one of the best couples in the history of television.
However, another couple Lisa Kudrow and Matt LeBlanc were planned, they couldn’t succeed to come up to scratch. They wanted their characters, Phoebe and Joey, to come in together, but the showrunners planned Monica and Joey to be the item. And they weren’t just a pair in a non-committal love affair, they were actually the Ross and Rachel of the series.
According to Vulture, the creators of Friends David Crane and Marta Kauffman at first had Monica and Joey pairing up, explaining:
Initially, the story would have opened out as: Joey, an interminable playboy, would’ve finally be tempted and enslaved by Monica while trying to ascend in the world of acting. Crane, himself, found this version of Joey ‘boring’; therefore, he updated Joey to be a funny and warm person in the friend group, and, altogether, added warm, pleasant relationship with Monica.
It isn’t wrong to say that the initial idea would’ve been weird. Entertainment Weekly – an American monthly entertainment magazine – reports that not only Crane found the idea monotonous but also the actor LeBlanc, who played Joey, himself, was impassive to his character, running after Monica. He wasn’t eager to play someone the audience find creepy and hit on everyone.
It can be said that Joey underwent some significant revisions to make Friends what it is today, and, perhaps, it’s for the best. Although Joey and Monica don’t get married in the end, but at least Monica gets her upbeat ending with Chandler.
About the writer:
Miss Uswa Zainab is an apt student of Sir Syed Kazim Ali, one of the distinguished grammarians in the contemporary world. She has gone through his 4-month course on Freelance Creative English Writing and Basic to Advanced Grammar. Pursuing graduation in the field of computer science and studies in English writing, she relishes writing articles and blogs on diverse themes: academic articles – everyday science, current affairs – and creative blogs – technology, beauty, fashion, entertainment, etc.
Name of the Student: Miss Uswa Zainab
Total Articles/Blogs: 19
English Coach: Sir Syed Kazim Ali
Course Taken: Creative English Writing & Article Writing
Like other competitive students, If you have a story to tell, guidance to help, knowledge to educate, or a perspective that can help CSS aspirants daily, welcome to CSSPrepForum. It is free to get your opinions, viewpoints, judgements, and thinking published, whether it is a blog, article, essay, application, letter, precis, comprehension, MCQs, or anything that helps competitive youth of Pakistan. CSSPrepForum is a place that let you connect with thousands of competitive readers, and helps your voice heard across the community. Let’s start writing and get your voice heard to those who are looking for you. Email Your Write-ups at firstname.lastname@example.org
At CSSPrepForum, many famous writers, lecturers, and aspirants get their write-ups published daily, and we upload CSS solved papers, CSS Solved essays, Solved Past Papers of FPSC, PPSC, NTS, and all other competitive exams, and current affairs blogs daily. Let’s connect us and get an instant update and notification through
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Articles and news that you might love to read!
- Kids Corner | Your Kids Joyful Learning Starts Here
- Matric (9th & 10th) | Past Papers & Advanced 5k+ MCQs
- F.Sc. (Part-I & II) | Past Papers & Advanced 10k+ MCQs
- CSS 20 Years Solved Past Papers MCQs | Compulsory + Optional
- Do You Know Article Usage? Let’s Play Article Quiz | 1000+ MCQs
- CSS Solved Correction from 1990 to 2020
- How did Miss Bakhtawar TOP FPSC One Paper MCQs exams?
- How to qualify CSS Essay Paper and how to attempt it?
- The best CSS English teacher in Pakistan, who helped me qualify
- Top 3 best CSS English teachers in Pakistan for CSS & PMS Aspirants
- The Uses of “Used To”, “Be Used To”, & “Get Used To”
- CSS Solved Everyday Science (GSA) Past Paper 1985
- CSS Solved Everyday Science (GSA) Past Paper 1986
- CSS Solved Everyday Science (GSA) Past Paper 1987
- 500 Plus Sentence Structures MCQs for the students of SAT, GAT, GMAT, GRE, CSS, FPSC, PPSC, UPSC, SSC, and all other competitive exams.
- 200 Plus Nouns Errors MCQs for the students of SAT, GAT, GMAT, GRE, CSS, FPSC, PPSC, UPSC, SSC, and all other competitive exams.
- 700 Plus Article Usage MCQs for the students of SAT, GAT, GMAT, GRE, CSS, FPSC, PPSC, UPSC, SSC, and all other competitive exams.
- 600 Plus Article Usage MCQs for the students of SAT, GAT, GMAT, GRE, CSS, FPSC, PPSC, UPSC, SSC, and all other competitive exams.
- FPSC Senior Auditor (BS-16) Free Study Material | Past Papers for FPSC Senior Auditor | 25,000 Plus Practice MCQs
- 20 Years Solved CSS Synonyms & Antonyms MCQs with detailed explanations
- 20 Years Solved CSS Idioms and Phrases MCQs with detailed explanations
- 20 Years Solved CSS Pair of Words MCQs with detailed explanations
- 20 Years Solved Pakistan Affairs MCQs with detailed explanations
- 20 Years Solved CSS Current Affairs MCQs with detailed explanations
- 20 Years Solved CSS Islamiat MCQs with detailed explanations