100 Uncommon Words and Phrases for One Paper 100 Marks MCQs Exams | 100 Uncommon Words and Phrases for FPSC, PPSC, SPSC, BPSC, KPPSC, AJKPSC, GBPSC One Paper Exams | 100 Uncommon Words and Phrases for CSS, PMS Aspirants.
A competitive student is expected to possess a good vocabulary. Aspirants, especially CSS, PMS aspirants, are judged on the basis of their vocabulary in any competitive exams. In the CSS exams, the examiner usually touches those vocabulary areas that aspirants don’t bother to learn and prepare. These uncommon words have appeared in CSS, PMS, FPSC, PPSC, SPSC, KPPSC, BPSC, AJKPSC, GBPSC, and NTS exams. Miss Syeda Saba has been teaching these uncommon words and phrases to her students for years, and that is why she has been the best English coach for One Paper Commission exams and students doing their graduation. Remember, A good vocabulary always helps ensure you understand what you are preparing and what you intend to make your readers read. Miss Syeda Saba has shared the most important and most repeated uncommon words and phrases, which she has gathered and collected in her years of coaching, with us. In order to prepare for the most repeated and most important MCQs of vocabulary, idioms, phrasal verbs, one-word substitutions, expressions, proverbs, synonyms, antonyms, pair of words, idiomatic expressions, etc. that become the part of One Paper Commission Exams, visit Vocabulary by Miss Saba at Howfiv website.
Apart from the blog, Howfiv has already created MCQs on Uncommon Words and Phrases on its website. That is free to access and students can practise them, learn them and test them anytime, freely and confidently. If you want to learn or prepare them all, Visit MCQs Feed. If you want to test through MCQs that how many of them you have memorized, Visit Quiz Corner.
Top 100 uncommon words and phrases are the following,
|Sr#||Uncommon Word/Phrase||Meaning of the Word/Phrase|
|1||Jekyll and Hyde:||A single person in whom two personalities alternate|
|2||Spartan endurance:||Endurance of the highest type|
|3||Sybarite:||A lustful person|
|4||Smartian:||A compassionate person|
|5||Bohemian:||Of free and easy manners|
|6||Boycott:||Systematic refusal of relations|
|7||Dives:||A very rich man|
|8||Brown study:||Absence of mind|
|9||Job’s comforter:||One who adds to someone’s trouble|
|10||Sherlock Holmes:||A clever detective|
|11||Baron Munchausen:||An extravagantly untruthful person|
|12||Hamlet:||An irresolute fellow|
|13||A quixotic scheme:||An impracticable scheme|
|14||Platonic love:||Spiritual love between persons of opposite sex|
|15||Ciceronian utterance:||Extremely eloquent speech|
|16||Mrs. Grundy:||Cheap social criticism|
|17||Herculean:||Of prodigious strength|
|18||Hermetically sealed:||Sealed to shut out the air|
|19||Epicure:||One with a delicate taste in eating and drinking|
|20||Cyclops:||A race of giants|
|21||Dunce:||A stupid fellow|
|22||John’s bull:||A typical Englishman|
|23||Saturnine temper:||Gloomy, sluggish temperament|
|24||Tom jones:||A model of generosity|
|25||Jezebel:||A wicked wanton woman|
|26||Judas’s kiss:||Hypocrisy and betrayal|
|27||A Barmecidal feast:||An illusory benefit|
|28||Santa clause:||One who brings presents for children on Christmas|
|29||Laconic reply:||Very concise and pithy reply|
|30||Cockpit of Europe:||Belgium|
|31||A man Friday:||A constant and submissive attendant|
|32||Benedick:||A newly married man|
|33||Faust:||A student after knowledge beyond his reach|
|35||Nero:||A tyrannical and licentious person|
|36||Pandora’s box:||Apparently, a blessing, in reality a curse|
|37||Pharisee:||A self-righteous person|
|38||Bacchic frenzy:||The excitement caused by wine|
|39||Carpet knight:||A stay-at-home soldier|
|40||Puck:||A mischievous and irresponsible person|
|41||Gargantuan appetite:||Very great appetite|
|42||Fabian tactics:||Very cautious and cunning strategy|
|43||Midsummer madness:||The height of madness|
|44||Sphinx’s riddle:||Any extremely difficult problem|
|45||Ambrosia:||Something supposed to give immortality|
|46||Nectar:||A very delicious drink|
|48||Martinet:||A strict disciplinarian|
|49||Philippic:||Scathing political speech|
|50||Nemesis:||Punishment following wrong-doing|
In order to read all 100 uncommon words and phrases, kindly click here – Uncommon Words and Phrases
About Miss Syeda Saba!
Miss Syeda Saba has been the most competent teacher in Pakistan, especially for One Paper 100 Marks MCQs exams and graduate students. She has been teaching English grammar and composition to the students of B.A, B.Sc. B.Com, C.A, BS, M.A, M.Com, M.S, and competitive students for years. She is also the content creator; she has created more than 10,000 MCQs related to English grammar, English errors, Sentence Correction, Vocabulary, Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, One-Word Substitutions, Appropriate word usage, etc. She has also been a staff member of the One Paper Commission Exam Prep Course.
Articles and news that you might love to read!
- 100 Uncommon Words and Phrases for One Paper 100 Marks MCQs Exams
- Top 300 One-Word Substitutions for One Paper 100 Marks Exams by Miss Syeda Saba
- Kids Corner | Your Kids Joyful Learning Starts Here
- CSS Solved General Science and Ability (GSA) 2021 Paper
- Are You Looking to Learn CSS, PMS English?
- CSS 2021 Solved Paper English (Précis & Composition) by Sir Syed Kazim Ali
- How to Qualify for One Paper Commission Exam in Two Months
- Matric (9th & 10th) | Past Papers & Advanced 5k+ MCQs
- F.Sc. (Part-I & II) | Past Papers & Advanced 10k+ MCQs
- CSS 20 Years Solved Past Papers MCQs | Compulsory + Optional
- Do You Know Article Usage? Let’s Play Article Quiz | 1000+ MCQs
- CSS Solved Correction from 1990 to 2020
- How did Miss Bakhtawar TOP FPSC One Paper MCQs exams?
- How to qualify for CSS Essay Paper and how to attempt it?
- The best CSS English teacher in Pakistan, who helped me qualify
- Top 3 best CSS English teachers in Pakistan for CSS & PMS Aspirants
- The Uses of “Used To”, “Be Used To”, & “Get Used To”
- CSS Solved Everyday Science (GSA) Past Paper 1985
- CSS Solved Everyday Science (GSA) Past Paper 1986
- CSS Solved Everyday Science (GSA) Past Paper 1987
- 500 Plus Sentence Structures MCQs for the students of SAT, GAT, GMAT, GRE, CSS, FPSC, PPSC, UPSC, SSC, and all other competitive exams.
- 200 Plus Nouns Errors MCQs for the students of SAT, GAT, GMAT, GRE, CSS, FPSC, PPSC, UPSC, SSC, and all other competitive exams.
- 700 Plus Article Usage MCQs for the students of SAT, GAT, GMAT, GRE, CSS, FPSC, PPSC, UPSC, SSC, and all other competitive exams.
- 600 Plus Article Usage MCQs for the students of SAT, GAT, GMAT, GRE, CSS, FPSC, PPSC, UPSC, SSC, and all other competitive exams.
- FPSC Senior Auditor (BS-16) Free Study Material | Past Papers for FPSC Senior Auditor | 25,000 Plus Practice MCQs
- 20 Years Solved CSS Synonyms & Antonyms MCQs with detailed explanations
- 20 Years Solved CSS Idioms and Phrases MCQs with detailed explanations
- 20 Years Solved CSS Pair of Words MCQs with detailed explanations
- 20 Years Solved Pakistan Affairs MCQs with detailed explanations
- 20 Years Solved CSS Current Affairs MCQs with detailed explanations
- 20 Years Solved CSS Islamiat MCQs with detailed explanations