The General Science and Ability Past Paper Question has been attempted by Aasia Mirbahar, a CSS English and Compulsory Course student. Along with other aspirants, he learns how to prepare and attempt GSA questions to score up to 90 marks under the guidance of Miss Iqra Ali and Dr. Nishat Baloch, Pakistan’s top CSS GSA coach providing coaching at Howfiv.
In this question examiner has asked about galaxies. Therefore, you have to write a brief introduction to galaxies, their formation, physical characteristics, and types. In addition, you must also state the galaxy of earth to satisfy second half of the question.
Galaxies are sprawling systems of gas, dust, starts, and the dark matter all held together by a gravitational force at their center, known as the black hole. There are around two trillion galaxies in the observable universe while actual number much larger than that. Before 1920s, the galaxies other than the Milky Way were not known. Edwin Hubble was the first astronomer to demonstrate the existence of other galaxies.
How galaxies were formed
The Big Bang theory best explains the origin of galaxies. According to this theory, the expansion of singularity and the creation of elements was the beginning of formation of galaxies. The atoms formed during the process later came together into clumps due to gravitational pull, was the beginning of formation of galaxies. However, it is still unclear that whether the galaxies were formed after the clusters of starts came together, or the galaxies birthed the clusters of stars.
Types of galaxies
Galaxies are classified according to their shape:
- Spiral galaxies: They are like flat spinning disks with a central bulge surrounded by arms that emerge from the center.
- Elliptical galaxies: They are the largest known galaxies appearing as luminous elliptical disks with smooth distribution of light.
- Irregular galaxies: These are the smallest galaxies having undefined shape full of gas and dust.
The Milky Way The earth belongs to the Milky Way galaxy. It is a spiral shaped galaxy with a bulge at the center and spiral arms. It spreads about 100000 light years in diameter. It consists of four major arms named as Perseus, Sagittarius, Centaurs, and Cygnus.
A quick recipe to score up to 90 marks in CSS GSA paper by Miss Iqra Ali and Dr. Nishat Baloch
Having taught for many years in different universities and being an experienced lecturer, I have devised a strategy for my CSS and PMS students, who aim to score up to 90 marks in the CSS GSA paper. Unfortunately, due to a large number of CSS and PMS aspirants, a very busy schedule, and Sir Syed Kazim Ali‘s rule of taking a limited number of students in CSS English and Compulsory Course to ensure quality rather than quantity and remain the best e-institute, I cannot teach all student. However, under the guidance of Sir Kazim, I have decided to highlight the best strategies that I teach my students to score maximum marks in the paper. All the students may follow them to pass the CSS GSA paper with flying colours. Moreover, to help thousands of CSS aspirants, I have created a separate category where I have uploaded the last 30 years of CSS GSA Solved Past Papers. Or, you can also visit the category GSA Notes, where my students publish their write-ups related to CSS GSA papers.
- Science is not a subject to cram. Therefore, aspirants must not cram the study material but try to grab the concepts and reproduce them on the paper in accordance to the requirements of the question.
- Rather than memorizing and reproducing the content from different sources, students must learn to give their thought words properly, coherently, affectively, and grammatically correct. This gives a pleasant and unique feeling to the examiner as he is always desperate to find the original and unique thoughts out of thousands of papers, and he always appreciates such aspirants by giving maximum marks.
- For preparing General Science, students must practice diagrams with as much topics as possible and reproduce them on the paper, for diagrams, illustrations, and graphs boost the score of the candidate.
- It is commonly observed that students take the MCQs portion very light. However, 20 marks of MCQs are very important as they not only boost the score but also morale of the student. Therefore, aspirants must give due attention and time to the preparation of MCQs portion. Fortunately, Howfiv is the only platform, where an aspirant can find millions of MCQs, along with their explanation, of all the subjects, including GSA, and MCQs should be prepared from Howfiv.
- Furthermore, Ability and Mathematics portion is critical and decisive for the future of a CSS and PMS aspirant. With a little effort and focus, an aspirant can grab full marks in this portion. Therefore, an aspirant must practice different mathematical skills throughout his preparation for the exam.
- Last but not the least, practicing the past papers and getting them evaluated by an expert teacher or lecturer, rather than mere a CSS or PMS qualifier, is the key to achieve up to 90 marks in CSS GSA paper.
Want to read CSS Pakistan Affairs Solved Past Papers and learn how to attempt them to score high? Let’s click on the link below to read them all freely. All past papers’ questions have been attempted by Sir Kazim’s students, who scored the highest in the subject.CSS Solved Pakistan Affairs
Click on any to start reading the essay.
Want to read General Science & Ability Solved Past Papers to learn how to attempt them to score high? Let’s click on the link below to read them all freely. All past papers have been solved by Miss Iqra Ali & Dr Nishat Baloch, Pakistan’s top CSS GSA coach having the highest score of their students.
Articles Might Interest You!
The following are some of the most important articles for CSS and PMS aspirants. Click on any to start reading.