Solved by Saba Islam
CSS Solved Pakistan Affairs Past Paper 2021 | Discuss the significance of renewable energy resources for Pakistan. (CSS-2021)
In this question, the examiner has asked you to write about the significance of renewable energy resources- solar, wind, hydropower, and biomass- for Pakistan.
The answer is solved on the given pattern, which Sir Syed Kazim Ali teaches to his students, who consistently score the maximum because of their attempting the questions. The content is based on historical facts taught by Sir Rameez Ch.
Renewable energy resources have economic, environmental, social, and political significance- like a stable economy, energy security, uninterrupted power supply, and employment opportunities- for Pakistan.
2- Significance of Renewable Energy Resources for Pakistan:
- They can stabilize Pakistan’s economy.
- Their sustainable nature decreases Pakistan’s dependence on other countries.
- Unconventional energy means are environmentally friendly.
- These clean energy resources protect people from the hazards of burning fuels.
- They ensure accessibility of power to far-off areas.
- Renewable energy projects bring employment opportunities for people.
- They help the administration in combating the energy crisis.
- Sustainable energy means strengthening the polity of the state.
3- Critical Analysis
Modern economies are seen through the prism of their economic strength, which is directly or indirectly based on energy resources a country possesses. The only energy resource that helps a country meet all its energy needs and puts it towards socio-economic development is a renewable energy resource, not the non-renewable one. Unlike other developing countries, unfortunately, Pakistan has relied on non-renewable energy resources, which are generally imported from other countries, to encounter an energy crisis. Compared to other economies, Pakistan’s sole reliance on non-renewable energy resources: coal, oil, and natural gas- has been impeding her all type of progress and gobbling up a significant chunk of its GDP. On the other hand, despite having abundant renewable energy resources: solar, wind, hydropower, and biomass, the country political leadership has remained unable to utilize them efficiently, thus, aggravate energy security. However, the dependence on renewable energy resources and their effective utilization can bring numerous economic, social, political, and environmental benefits to the country, which, in return, produces employment opportunities, health protection, a stable economy, and above all, a stable polity. This question comprehensively discusses the importance of renewable energy resources for Pakistan.
Significance of Renewable Energy Resources for Pakistan:
Renewable energy resources can play a significant role in stabilizing Pakistan’s economy because of their sustainable nature. She has always been an energy importer; she usually buys from the U.A.E. and Saudi Arabia. Hence, the mounting oil and fossil fuels prices create additional pressure on the already fragile economy. Contrarily, the cost of renewable sources is determined by invested capital rather than the internationally increasing or decreasing energy cost. Moreover, she is highly dependent on fossil fuels, which are going to end in the next fifty years, according to geologists. On the other hand, renewable energy resources have unlimited life. It means they never run out; they are infinite. Therefore, electricity generation from coal, oil, and natural gas is not reliable in the long run because of their cost and unavailability. Thus, renewable energy resources can be beneficial in stabilizing energy prices in the country, which will help in the stabilization of the economy. Therefore, like other nations, Pakistan should move towards renewable energy resources to meet its energy demands.
The environment-friendly nature of inexhaustible energy resources also has importance for Pakistan. They are clean; they do not produce any toxic gases, leading to air pollution and, eventually, global warming. Contrarily to the renewable energy resources, the use of conventional energy deteriorates the health of the citizens and spread various severe diseases, such as cancer, hepatitis, Tb, etc. Apart from it, currently, global warming is a considerable hazard caused by the burning of coal, oil, and natural gas. World Air Quality Report shows that Pakistan is the second most polluted country. Furthermore, Karachi and Lahore, two principal cities of Pakistan, are among the ten cities in the world, which have the most polluted air. Therefore, for Pakistan, moving towards renewable energy is the need of the hour. Consequently, people and the environment can be protected from the hazards of burning fossil fuels if Pakistan starts exploiting renewable energy resources.
Unlike non-renewable energy, wind and solar energy can bring social benefits to a country as it promotes regional development, provides employment opportunities, and improves people’s living standards. Woefully, in many areas of Pakistan, where electricity cannot be supplied through the national grid station due to physical or technical barriers, many localities and their masses remain under-developed and unprogressive. These regions, thus, can be developed by arranging energy for them through wind and solar power generation. Moreover, the installation of renewable energy production projects in previously ignored regions gives employment opportunities to their local people. The vast potential of wind, solar, and biomass still needs to be explored in Pakistan. Retrospectively, renewable energy means upgrade people’s living conditions and open up many other windows of opportunities for them. The development of regions, in consequence, flourishes the country. Hence, Pakistan can utilize her both assets: renewable energy resources and population, for her progress and development.
Another significance of renewable energy means for Pakistan is political. Meeting the energy demands of the public and dealing with the energy crisis have always been a part of the manifesto of political parties. However, despite raising slogans to end the prevailing energy crisis, they fail to address the issue seriously. Other consequences of the energy crisis, like decreasing FDI, increasing inflation, enhancing unemployment, and closing businesses, etc., further aggravate the circumstances. It results in a trust deficit among the public and the government and a weak political system; consequently, protests and sit-ins against the administration become a norm. Therefore, shifting towards renewable energy resources can satisfy the energy demands of people, which, in retrospect, bolsters the polity of the state. It can be said renewable energy resources can strengthen the political system of a country.
Energy is required to run a country. Its sources for energy production can be renewable and non-renewable. The latter is expensive and harms the environment; whereas, the former has its significance to help the country progress socially, politically, economically, and environmentally. Moreover, Pakistan is dependent on other states to fulfil its electricity needs by using conventional sources, which affects its foreign policy and foreign reserves. Unfortunately, she is already facing a substantial import-export gap. So, long-term planning to employ these significant resources is required; it is essential for the socio-economic development of Pakistan. It is also a solution to provide electricity to remote areas.
Energy is vital for the sustainable growth of a country’s economy. Many countries invest heavily in these alternative energy resources for long-lasting benefits as the need for renewable energy resources is enhancing globally. Besides it, shifting towards clean energy resources also shows their conformity to the Paris Climate Accord, 2015, to save the environment from poisonous gases. If Pakistan starts using renewable energy resources, its dependence on other countries could surely be decreased. Also, it gives employment opportunities, energy security, and a sustainable and uninterrupted power supply. However, proper development and implementation of these alternative energy technologies are needed.
About Miss Saba Islam:
Saba Islam is one of the diligent students of Sir Syed Kazim Ali– one of the distinguished English language teachers in the world. Under his supervision, she is enrolled in the Creative English Writing Course. She has done Bachelors in Public Administration. She is, moreover, eager to write on multiple topics like Current Affairs, Pakistan Affairs, Public Administration, USA History, and many more.
Other Questions Solved by Miss Saba Islam:
- Discuss the significance of renewable energy resources for Pakistan. (CSS 2021)
- Critically analyze the key causes of delaying in the construction of dams in Pakistan. Give some suggestions to revert this Collateral loss. (CSS 2019)
- What were the aims and objectives behind the creation of Pakistan?
Other Questions Solved by Miss Laraib Rafique Rai:
- The Objectives Resolution (1949) satisfied both orthodox and modernists by combining the features of western and Islamic democracy. (PMS 2020)
- Discuss the features of the political culture of Pakistan. CSS Pakistan Affairs Solved Paper 2020
- How Pakistan should combat the 5th generation war? (CSS 2021)
- How far the nature of the centre province relation has changed under various constitutional amendments? Evaluate. (CSS 2019)
Other Questions Solved by Miss Arooj Nadeem:
- How the reform movement of Sheikh Ahmed Sirhindi influenced the history of Muslim India? (CSS 2020)
- Critically examine the Congress Ministries of 1937. How far is it correct to suggest that it paved the way for a separate Muslim homeland in India? (CSS 2019)
- Write a note on the Two-Nation Theory and the Lahore Resolution of March 1940 (CSS 2016)
Other Questions Solved by Mutahar Iftikhar:
- Write a comprehensive note on unemployment in Pakistan: Social, political, and economic impacts. (CSS 2020)
- What are the main causes of the energy crisis in Pakistan? What measures do you suggest to address it? (PMS 2020)
Let’s read more about Sir Syed Kazim Ali.
- Top English Teachers for CSS and PMS in Pakistan
- One Man, One Idea, Years of Struggle, Millions of Students by DailyTimes
- The Best English Teacher for CSS / PMS by Sir Ali Raza
- The Best English Teacher in Pakistan, Who Has Helped Me Most
- Sir Syed Kazim Ali the best CSS English teacher in Pakistan by concernedreviews
- How to Qualify for the CSS Essay and How to Write it? | CSS Essay and Communication Skills.
Available Online Courses
- Howfiv’s One Paper Commission Exam Prep Course | 2-Month Course | Let’s Register Now
- Online CSS, PMS English Class by Sir Syed Kazim Ali | Let’s Read How to Join
- Howfiv Advanced Creative Writing Course (Highly Recommended)
- PMS English Essay, Precis and GK Class | 3-Month Course | Let’s Register Now
- Online English Tenses & Voices 1-Month Course
- PPSC Tehsildar and Naib Tehsildar Exams Preparation Course, Study Material, and Mock Tests
- Basic English Grammar & Writing Course by Miss Syeda Saba & Miss Amreen Mir