The derma roller, as the name implies its an instrument exclusively designed for your skin. It’s fashioned and fabricated for various purposes especially related to your skin and hair.
A derma roller system is a skin reviving technique. Preliminary used by a dermatologist but now can be tried back at home safely. It’s fashioned and fabricated for various purposes especially related to your skin and hair. 90% of our females are unaware of this device. Albeit west has been deliberately using it for years, yet still needs to be proclaimed here.
The derma roller, as the name implies its an instrument exclusively designed for your skin. Derma rollers are different depending on their uses. It’s available in various sizes. All you need is to opt out for the right one. I have listed below the needle size in correspondence to its uses:
- 0.2mm: hair regeneration and re-growth
- 0.25mm: fine lines, hair re-growth
- 0.5mm: hair re-growth, fine lines, anti-aging, open pores, hyperpigmentation, acne scars, and light scars
- 0.75mm: anti-aging, open pores, hyperpigmentation, acne scars, and light scars
- 1mm: anti-aging, open pores, hyperpigmentation, acne scars, lights scars, cellulitis, and stretch marks
- 1.5mm: cellulitis, stretch marks, and deep scars
- 2mm: cellulitis, stretch marks, and deep scars
- 2.5mm: stretch marks and deep scars
Concerning the technicality and its working, the derma roller is equipped with micro-needles that glide smoothly at the surface. When a person is injured, the body’s healing system is activated to heal it, thereby stimulating collagen production and blood vessels flow. A derma roller works on the same principle. The micro-needles embedded on its surface create a puncture superficially without causing any damage to your skin cells. This self-induced injury accelerates blood flow to the site of injury consequently, increasing circulation and oxygen content. Fibroblast in response deposits collagen fibers. The collagen repairs your skin ultimately, making it look firm, luminous, bright, and glossy. This firmness achieved by artificially inducing collagen production reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Derma rollers serve the following benefits:
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduce acne scars
- Treat open pores and oily skin
- Treat hyperpigmentation
- Reduce stretch marks
- Stimulate hair re-growth
Nowadays, it’s often used at home routinely. By its benefits to risk ratio, it imparts more benefits to your skin. Slight negligence and error could do more harm than good. Follow the below-mentioned steps to acquire much better results:
- If you are dealing with saggy skin and acne scars, choose a 0.5mm derma roller.
- Before using, immerse the roller in an alcohol solution to kill any harmful bacterias
- Now clean your face with any cleanser and pat dry it
- Mark a patch on your face, now tight your skin from that area.
- Start rolling it, first vertically five times. Then diagonally roll it five times
- Now proceed similarly for the rest of your face, first vertically and then diagonally.
- After completing, apply ice cubes to soothe the skin
Its contraindications are:
- Do not apply any makeup products or creams for 12 hours
- Do not rub the roller harshly on your skin
- Do not derma roll your skin more than once a week
- Do not use it for acne skin
Researches have proved that derma rollers boost collagen production to 400% thereby revealing healthy and youthful skin. Derma roller’s regular use will combat various skin problems. Its first sight would probably plunge you in fear. But trying it would relieve you. You can order it online or either purchase it from any big store. Pick the right one for you and start rolling.